Libby Ulm • March 2024 • performers, professional performer, marketing

How to market yourself as a performer

Lights, camera, You may have the sparkle and pizazz part of being a performer down, but what about marketing yourself? First things first, before you can market yourself, you need to know what your goals are. Do you want a contract with a big company? Be prepared to go through some sort of audition process. Are you looking to book more corporate gigs? Consider looking into local entertainment companies as a resource. Or maybe you're just wanting to gain more online visibility

Libby Ulm • April 2023 • performer insurance, professional performer, commercial general liability coverage, assistant coverage

Assistant, who?

From a magician's assistant to a fire safety, we're here to help define what an assistant least when it comes to your SIA Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy!

The duties of the entertainer's assistant(s) can be as follows: Works with the insured for set-up and tear down, helps with the planning and organization of a show or booking, works with contracts, coordinates permits and requesting additional insured certificates, handles prop changes during the show, assists with crowd

Ariel Begley • March 2023 • performer insurance, professional performer, commercial general liability coverage, exclusions, pyrotechnics and fireworks

Pyrotechnics and fireworks exclusion on the performer policy

The performer policy has an exclusion for pyrotechnics and fireworks. While it's easy to grasp what fireworks are, defining pyrotechnics is a bit trickier.

For the purpose of the performer insurance policy, our carrier defines a pyrotechnic substance as a substance or mixture of substances designed to produce an additional effect by heat, light, sound, gas, smoke, or a combination of these (beyond simply fueling for a fire performance). It's usually contained in a machine but may also be

Libby Ulm • December 2022 • commercial general liability coverage, performer insurance, professional performer, vendor insurance, food truck insurance

Why do I need an insurance policy?

Maybe you've been in the industry for many years, maybe this is all new to you, but you may find yourself asking...Why insurance? Why now? Maybe you're even asking yourself "What is a Commercial General Liability policy?"

In the past few years across the industry, we've experienced more and more events/venues cracking down on insurance requirements to help better protect themselves from certain liabilities. This is where a Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy comes into play! The

Libby Ulm • July 2022 • performer insurance, business insurance, commercial general liability coverage, professional liability, inland marine coverage, professional performer, importance of insurance

Putting a little MPEP in our step!

Specialty Insurance Agency is now servicing a new program for Music, Photography, and Event Planners (MPEP). MPEP provides Commercial General Liability policies, Professional Liability (photographers and videographers only), and Inland Marine coverage (covers your business personal property while in storage, in transit, or at a show). Eligible groups that qualify for this new program include:

  • Disc Jockeys
  • Bands / Musicians / Singers
  • Photographers
  • Videographers
  • Event / Wedding planners

accredited bussiness