Libby Ulm • July 2024 • product liability, products-completed operations, commercial general liability coverage, performer insurance, vendor insurance

Product Liability vs. Products-Completed Operations

Whether your products are homemade or you're reselling, despite best efforts there is always a chance that your products may fail to work properly, be defective, cause bodily injury, or cause property damage. This could lead to a lawsuit. These types of claims would fall under either the Product Liability or Products-Completed Operations part of your Commercial General Liability policy.

First, let's talk about Product Liability coverage.

Product Liability (PL) insurance covers claims

Libby Ulm • June 2024 • importance of insurance, performer insurance, vendor insurance, event planner insurance, commercial general liability coverage

The importance of insurance

We have conversations quite frequently with clients where they ask why they need insurance. We hear comments like "I've performed without insurance for over a decade. Why now?" or "I'm a safe performer, I just sit on stage and play guitar. I don't do any of that fire performing stuff." However, most claims that come in are completely fluke accidents, quite literally...the unexpected.

In this sue-happy world that we live in, practicing safety for just your performance or selling your services

Libby Ulm • April 2024 • additional insured, certificate holder, performer insurance, vendor insurance, commercial general liability coverage

What's the difference between an additional insured and a certificate holder?

Both an additional insured and a certificate holder are third parties that may be named on your policy. However, there are few key differences between the two! Let's break this down. 

What is an additional insured?

  • Is a named business (such as an event/venue) on your policy.
  • They're protected under your policy.
  • They can file a claim if they're sued due to something that arose from your actions/business.

What is a certificate holder?

  • Is a named business (such as an event/venue) on

Libby Ulm • November 2023 • performer insurance, vendor insurance, commercial general liability coverage, food truck insurance

Performers with vendor booths

Do you hold a performer policy and sell merchandise? Depending on your operations, you may need both our performer policy and a mobile vendor policy. Our mobile vendor policy insures your business, but not independent contractors, while our performer policy insures you, the individual. Whether you need both policies is on a case-by-case basis, but we've provided some examples below!

Example 1: You're a magician! After your jaw dropping performance, you set up a small table next to the stage

Libby Ulm • July 2023 • commercial general liability coverage, SAM coverage, performer insurance, vendor insurance

Sexual Abuse and Molestation (SAM) Coverage

Sexual Abuse and Molestation (SAM) coverage is typically requested for those performing or vending at schools or malls. There may also be other events/venues that require SAM coverage. This coverage doesn't protect you against a claim for abusing or molesting someone, but rather if you're left in charge of a group of minors and something happens between them. When performing or vending for a group of minors, we suggest asking the venue to also have an employee or staff member be present at all

accredited bussiness