Libby Ulm • April 2023 • performer insurance, professional performer, commercial general liability coverage, assistant coverage

Assistant, who?

From a magician's assistant to a fire safety, we're here to help define what an assistant least when it comes to your SIA Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy!

The duties of the entertainer's assistant(s) can be as follows: Works with the insured for set-up and tear down, helps with the planning and organization of a show or booking, works with contracts, coordinates permits and requesting additional insured certificates, handles prop changes during the show, assists with crowd

Ariel Begley • March 2023 • performer insurance, professional performer, commercial general liability coverage, exclusions, pyrotechnics and fireworks

Pyrotechnics and fireworks exclusion on the performer policy

The performer policy has an exclusion for pyrotechnics and fireworks. While it's easy to grasp what fireworks are, defining pyrotechnics is a bit trickier.

For the purpose of the performer insurance policy, our carrier defines a pyrotechnic substance as a substance or mixture of substances designed to produce an additional effect by heat, light, sound, gas, smoke, or a combination of these (beyond simply fueling for a fire performance). It's usually contained in a machine but may also be

Libby Ulm • December 2022 • commercial general liability coverage, performer insurance, professional performer, vendor insurance, food truck insurance

Why do I need an insurance policy?

Maybe you've been in the industry for many years, maybe this is all new to you, but you may find yourself asking...Why insurance? Why now? Maybe you're even asking yourself "What is a Commercial General Liability policy?"

In the past few years across the industry, we've experienced more and more events/venues cracking down on insurance requirements to help better protect themselves from certain liabilities. This is where a Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy comes into play! The

Libby Ulm • October 2022 • performer insurance, vendor insurance, commercial general liability coverage, additional insured

The dos and don'ts of certificate requests

Stuck with a pesky certificate request? Not sure where to start? Look no further, we're here to help! Below you will find step-by-step instructions and tips to guide you through submitting an approved event/venue which does not need any changes, an approved event that needs changes made, and how to create a new/unapproved certificate for an event/venue. 

Pro tip: After a certificate is submitted, you can't go back into the request to make a change. However, if you need to make a change, we

Libby Ulm • August 2022 • performer insurance, vendor insurance, commercial general liability coverage, frequently asked questions, faq

What you need to know to be in the know about insurance!

Below you will find some frequently asked questions about our policies! Have a question about your policy you don't see below? Please contact our office by emailing or calling our office at 715-246-8908.

  1. Can I add an individual as additionally insured? No, only an event or venue may be listed as additionally insured. However, if you are performing or vending on private property, you can list "Property of" and then the individual's name. If you have any

accredited bussiness