Libby Ulm • July 2024 • product liability, products-completed operations, commercial general liability coverage, performer insurance, vendor insurance

Product Liability vs. Products-Completed Operations

Whether your products are homemade or you're reselling, despite best efforts there is always a chance that your products may fail to work properly, be defective, cause bodily injury, or cause property damage. This could lead to a lawsuit. These types of claims would fall under either the Product Liability or Products-Completed Operations part of your Commercial General Liability policy.

First, let's talk about Product Liability coverage.

Product Liability (PL) insurance covers claims

Libby Ulm • June 2024 • importance of insurance, performer insurance, vendor insurance, event planner insurance, commercial general liability coverage

The importance of insurance

We have conversations quite frequently with clients where they ask why they need insurance. We hear comments like "I've performed without insurance for over a decade. Why now?" or "I'm a safe performer, I just sit on stage and play guitar. I don't do any of that fire performing stuff." However, most claims that come in are completely fluke accidents, quite literally...the unexpected.

In this sue-happy world that we live in, practicing safety for just your performance or selling your services

Heather Zenzen • April 2024 • performer insurance, commercial general liability coverage, rigging

Rigging - what's covered and what's not?

We understand that rigging is a big part of some of our clients' performances, but what exactly is covered with our policy?...what's not? Let's dive in! 

First, there's no coverage for rigging for others with the performer policy (or any policy we offer). A performer is not a rigger, and riggers are a different insuring class. Performer assistants are also never covered for rigging for others. If a performer has an assistant on their policy, that assistant can be covered for helping that

Libby Ulm • April 2024 • additional insured, certificate holder, performer insurance, vendor insurance, commercial general liability coverage

What's the difference between an additional insured and a certificate holder?

Both an additional insured and a certificate holder are third parties that may be named on your policy. However, there are few key differences between the two! Let's break this down. 

What is an additional insured?

  • Is a named business (such as an event/venue) on your policy.
  • They're protected under your policy.
  • They can file a claim if they're sued due to something that arose from your actions/business.

What is a certificate holder?

  • Is a named business (such as an event/venue) on

Libby Ulm • January 2024 • performer insurance, band insurance, commercial general liability coverage

Should a band have insurance?

If you're in a band, you may find yourself asking "Do I need insurance?" The answer is yes! Across the industry, we're seeing more and more events/venues requiring proof of Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance from entertainers. By requiring bands to hold their own insurance, the event/venue won't have to submit a claim on their policy, which could have possibly lead to an increase in their premium. Whether you're just starting out or you've been performing for years, holding a CGL

accredited bussiness