Libby Ulm • July 2024 • product liability, products-completed operations, commercial general liability coverage, performer insurance, vendor insurance

Product Liability vs. Products-Completed Operations

Whether your products are homemade or you're reselling, despite best efforts there is always a chance that your products may fail to work properly, be defective, cause bodily injury, or cause property damage. This could lead to a lawsuit. These types of claims would fall under either the Product Liability or Products-Completed Operations part of your Commercial General Liability policy.

First, let's talk about Product Liability coverage.

Product Liability (PL) insurance covers claims

Libby Ulm • June 2024 • importance of insurance, performer insurance, vendor insurance, event planner insurance, commercial general liability coverage

The importance of insurance

We have conversations quite frequently with clients where they ask why they need insurance. We hear comments like "I've performed without insurance for over a decade. Why now?" or "I'm a safe performer, I just sit on stage and play guitar. I don't do any of that fire performing stuff." However, most claims that come in are completely fluke accidents, quite literally...the unexpected.

In this sue-happy world that we live in, practicing safety for just your performance or selling your services

Heather Zenzen • April 2024 • performer insurance, commercial general liability coverage, rigging

Rigging - what's covered and what's not?

We understand that rigging is a big part of some of our clients' performances, but what exactly is covered with our policy?...what's not? Let's dive in! 

First, there's no coverage for rigging for others with the performer policy (or any policy we offer). A performer is not a rigger, and riggers are a different insuring class. Performer assistants are also never covered for rigging for others. If a performer has an assistant on their policy, that assistant can be covered for helping that

Libby Ulm • April 2024 • additional insured, certificate holder, performer insurance, vendor insurance, commercial general liability coverage

What's the difference between an additional insured and a certificate holder?

Both an additional insured and a certificate holder are third parties that may be named on your policy. However, there are few key differences between the two! Let's break this down. 

What is an additional insured?

  • Is a named business (such as an event/venue) on your policy.
  • They're protected under your policy.
  • They can file a claim if they're sued due to something that arose from your actions/business.

What is a certificate holder?

  • Is a named business (such as an event/venue) on

Libby Ulm • March 2024 • performers, professional performer, marketing

How to market yourself as a performer

Lights, camera, You may have the sparkle and pizazz part of being a performer down, but what about marketing yourself? First things first, before you can market yourself, you need to know what your goals are. Do you want a contract with a big company? Be prepared to go through some sort of audition process. Are you looking to book more corporate gigs? Consider looking into local entertainment companies as a resource. Or maybe you're just wanting to gain more online visibility

accredited bussiness